Monday, August 13, 2012

Blueberry Corn Breakfast Cake

This is from The Enlightened Homemaker. Since I am not a huge cold cereal fan I am always looking for other quick and easy alternatives and this is one of our favorites.

Blueberry Corn Breakfast Cake

1/2 C. Yellow Corn Meal
1/2 C. minus 2 T. Whole Grain Flour
1/4 C. sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. sea salt ( I just use regular table salt)
1/2 C. buttermilk or kefir (if I have buttermilk I use it, but if not I do the milk with lemon juice trick)
1 egg
4 t. oil
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 C. fresh or frozen blueberries

Stir ingredients together except for blueberries. Pour into greased , round cake pan. Use a 9X13 if doubling. Top with berries and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

Bake at 425 for 25-30 minus or until lightly golden.
Serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment