Monday, August 13, 2012

Salsa Ranch Skillet

Taken from the cookbook One Pot Meals from Gooseberry Patch. Super simple and delicious. I used whole wheat rotini to give it an extra nutrition boost and it still tasted great. And did I mention easy? Sooooo easy.

Ingredients: 1 lb. ground beef, 1/2 c sweet onion chopped (I used yellow, it was fine), 1/2 c green pepper chopped ( I used a whole green pepper, again fine), 2.8 oz. pkg. ranch salad dressing mix, 1 c. water, 15 oz. can tomato sauce, 16 oz. jar mild salsa, 16 oz. can baked beans ( I didn't add this because I didn't have it in my pantry, still tasted great without them ), 8 oz. pkg. rotini pasta, uncooked, 1 c. shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese.

Brown ground beef with onion and green pepper in large skillet over high heat. Stir in dressing mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in water, tomato sauce, salsa, and beans; bring to a boil. Add pasta; reduce to medium-low heat. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese and let stand for 5 minutes until cheese melts and sauce thickens. Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment