Friday, August 10, 2012

Skinny Beef Stroganoff

I got this recipe from Skinnytaste. I love this website. I have found quite a few really good recipes and since it is directed to weight watchers, it has the nutritional value and points value of the recipe. Very handy for weight watchers. I have yet to make it using tri tip sirloin steak, just because I am not a steak person. I use ground beef and I think it tastes so good. Before I found this recipe I had a different basic stroganoff recipe with a cream soup and sour cream. I LOVED the addition of the tomato soup and worcestershire sauce. LOVE IT!

Mom's Lightened Beef Stroganoff
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 3/4 cup • Old Points: 6 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 251.9 • Fat: 9.3 g • Protein: 28.1 g • Carb: 12.7 g • Fiber: 1.2 g • Sugar: 6.2 g
Sodium: 281.2 mg


Ingredients:

1-1/2 lbs lean tri-tip sirlion steak, trimmed of all fat, cut in thin 1/4" x 2" strips
olive oil cooking spray
1 tbsp butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
10 oz of sliced mushrooms
1 can of Campbell's tomato soup
1 cup of water
1 small fresh bay leaf
2 tsp worcestershire sauce
2/3 cup of light sour cream

Directions:
In a heavy saucepan, heat pan over high heat. When pan is hot, spray with oil and add steak. Brown meat until cooked. Remove meat from pan. Lower heat, melt butter, then add onions. Cook about 2-3 minutes until translucent, add garlic and mushrooms and sauté about 2-3 more minutes until cooked. Add a can of tomato soup, steak, water, bay leaf, and worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low about 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and mix in sour cream. Serve over noodles or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment