Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Spaghetti with Spinach and Taragon

This is my friend Nikki's recipe from that same pasta cookbook that I gave her. I love taragon. Don't leave it out!

Spaghetti with Spinach and Taragon
Ingredients:
10 oz. spinach
2 TBSP butter
3 scallions (I use green onions), including green tops, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. dried taragon
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 pound spaghetti ( I am sure you could substitute with other pastas but I would not recommend angel hair. The sauce is to thick for such a thin pasta.)
5 oz. cream cheese, cut into cubes ( I use reduced fat)
2 TBSP. Chopped fresh parsley ( or about 1 - 1 1/2 tsp. of dried)
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Remove any tough stems from the spinach. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the scallions and tarragon ( and parsley if you are using dried) and cook for 2 min. Add the spinach and salt and stir until wilted. Simmer until the liquid evaporates from the spinach, about 5 - 10 minutes. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti until it is just done, about 12 minutes. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water. Drain the spaghetti and toss with 3/4 cup of reserved pasta water, the spinach mixture, the cream cheese, parsley (if using fresh), parmesan cheese, and pepper. If the sauce seems to thick, add more of the reserved pasta water.

No comments:

Post a Comment